Nominations from teachers/mentors opens November 17 and are due by December 15, 2017. To nominate students, please select the teacher option and complete the Nomination Form.
To submit Abstract and Research Paper by January 8, 2018, please begin registration process - Click Here.
Please see: IJSHS General Guidelines & Tips for research paper requirements and general symposium information.
Completed registration forms, fees paid, and parental consent form (see below) for ALL IJSHS participants is due February 16, 2018.
*Please note that while we strive to include all interested students, preference will be given to those who submit research papers. Students wishing to attend as observers must submit a short essay (max. 250 words in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) addressing the following:
- Your specific interests in science, technology, engineering, and/or math;
- How attending the IJSHS as an observer will benefit you;
- What you hope to learn and experience at the IJSHS.
For those completing an observer essay, you can either use your Cvent registration to submit your essay or you can email the document to Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
Teachers will be notified of students’ presentation status (competitive oral presentation or non-competitive poster session) and travel award no later than February 9, 2018.
Registration Cost & Parental Consent Form
Registration cost is $40 per participant (students and teachers). This fee covers food, lodging, and all IJSHS activities. Guests who are not teachers or official chaperones who intend to participate in IJSHS activities must pay a registration fee of $250. Due to space limitations, guests must obtain permission from the IJSHS Director.
Checks for registration fees and parental consent forms must be postmarked by February 16, 2018. Please make checks payable to 'Montana Tech' and mail to:
Montana Tech Institute for Educational Opportunities
1300 W. Park Street
Butte, MT, 59701
Travel and Lodging
Teachers and designated chaperones may apply for funding to support travel to the IJSHS. To apply:
- Complete the Travel Accommodations Form to attend IJSHS by February 9, 2018. Travel assistance will be determined by funding availability and demonstration of coordination with other school(s)/teacher(s) and number of students attending the IJSHS. It may not be possible to award a full travel reimbursement, but we hope to offset some of the costs of transportation to the IJSHS. Chaperones/teachers/schools must submit a W-9 form in order to be reimbursed.
IJSHS will cover lodging costs and make hotel reservations.
- Teachers/chaperones: when completing the lodging information on the Travel Accommodations Form for IJSHS, please list students who will room together and list a roommate preference for yourself if applicable. Teachers can plan to room with another teacher of the same gender. We will do our best to accommodate roommate requests. Teachers and chaperones requesting a private room, or who are bringing a spouse, must pay an additional $100 for this option and include this fee with registration fees postmarked by February 16, 2018.