Student Support Services
Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded TRIO programdesigned to serve first generation, income eligible, and students with disabilities. We provide opportunities in academic development, financial literacy, career awareness,and other college requirements. SSS serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their post-secondary education.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Montana Tech students who are:
- A citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematical (STEM) discipline:
- All Engineering Programs
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Software Engineering.
- Committed to succeeding in college.
- In addition, ONE of the following criteria must be met:
- You meet federal financial guidelines.
- Neither of your parents graduated with a four year degree.
- You have a documented disability.
- Fall orientation for incoming freshmen
- Guidance in academic, personal, and career goals
- Tutoring and study groups
- Assistance in graduate school applications
- Set and attain academic goals
- Improve time management and organizational skills
- Encourage financial literacy
Career Awareness through:
- Interest inventory
- Interview skills
- Resume and cover letter development
- STEM field trips