Montana Tech Regional Science & Engineering Fair
Stimulates an active student interest in science and engineering, provides an exceptional experience for students through exposure to professional level judges, provides public recognition of talented students for their independent research efforts, and increased public awareness of the importance of science education in our society.
2018 Montana Tech Science Fair
Hello Science Fair and Symposium Teachers!
A new school year has started, the leaves are changing colors and we are gearing up for the 2018 Montana Tech Science and Engineering Fair and Intermountain Junior Science & Humanities Symposium (IJSJS).
- There will be an email sent regarding activity sign-ups closer to the fair date for Division II - 5th - 8th
- We are providing a SRC/IRB Prior Approval committee this year for the Division I - 9th - 12th
- We’ll host a High School teacher meeting the morning of the Division I - 9th - 12th
Below in the contact information, you will notice that we have added an Instagram and Twitter account. For both Science Fair and Symposium there will be one hashtag so you the teachers, students and parents can see what other young scientists are doing across the state and region. Encourage your students to use the hashtag #TechScience18 this year as they work on their projects.
Montana Tech looks forward to another rewarding year of working with young scientists. We are grateful to have the opportunity to guide you and your students through the science fair process. Know that we are here as a resource for you throughout the year. Look for email updates, and please contact me if your students need equipment, guidance , or mentors to successfully complete projects.
Science Fair Dates
Division I - High School Science Fair - Monday, March 5th
Division II - Middle School Science Fair - Thursday, March 8th
The deadline for registering/completing paperwork for BOTH Science Fairs is 12 pm Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Outreach presentations to area elementary schools
- Follow up competitions/ed-ventures for middle and high school participants
- Volunteer judges at area schools
- Quality judging experience at MT Tech
- More prizes and cash awards than any other fair in MT
- Peer and public recognition that stimulates interest in inquiry based learning
If you are interested in judging, sponsoring an award, or have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (406) 496.4136.
Science Fair Director
1300 West Park
Butte, MT 59701